Complete noobie very confused! CSS

br3n

Its about time I actually learned something useful so I've decided to try and build a concept design ive had for ages... however the navigation images ive created have disappeared and Im not really sure what i've done.

html and css will both be very messy I warn you!

Horizontal menu

Help!?!! :D

also it was scrolling before, now its not? oh dear haha!

The gif image doesn't seem to load at all on the navigation... and they don't seem to be found on your server either...

Ah hah! my laziness was the problem, used photoshop to slice and generate html, forgot that the images would be in 2 further folders.... problem of them not displaying solved now just ogtta get them in the right place.

ignore this thread for a while, updating stuff locally but im making progress - thanks Mikey lol!

Ok new problem...

whats causing the spacing/padding between the _nav images ? also whats stopping it aligning left?

well one of the probs sorted... where do you suggest I add margin:0px?

would this work?

#navigation li, ul {
color: white;
list-style-type: none;
padding:0px;
margin-left:0px;
margin-right:0px;

}

Try this...

#navigation li {
color: white;
list-style-type: none;
padding:0px;
margin: 0px;

}

Hi Brendan,

I'd apply the image (nav_/images/navigation_01.jpg) as a background image to your #nav_container. Then set the #navigation li to the height of the nav images, so height:34px.

Something like this (I think):

Code:
#navigation li {    color: white;    height: 34px;    list-style-type: none;    margin: 0;    padding: 0;#nav_container {    float: left;    background: url("../nav_/images/navigation_01.jpg") no-repeat left top;     height: 675px;    left: 0;    margin: 0;    padding: 0;    position: absolute;    top: 0;    width: 255px;}

Sorry if that's no good - it's been a while since I've coded anything myself!
Greg

Thanks greg i'll have a go... Im still curious as to whats causing the padding inbetween the list/images though :S

thanks for help people, Greg can you delete this thread and i'll start another with the next problem :)

Back