Clients from Hell

Paul Murray

Staff member
Found another great work opportunity on Upwork. Requires drawing stuff by hand before converting to digital artwork, but they're willing to pay less than minimum wage for your trouble if they like it.

great-opportunity.jpg

hankscorpio

Staff member
Got sent over a timeline in Excel - linear - and all they wanted was to jazz it up a bit and use their fonts and colours.

I do it up - took a few hours to get it to the level I was happy with - sent it on to them.

"Sorry - I didn't explain myself properly, I meant as a wheel!"

hankscorpio

Staff member
Got a request from some company that deals in precious metals, must be a lucrative business, being precious metals and all that. They initially wanted something printed, but on looking at artwork supplied I realised the quality was quite low. Offered to redo the artwork for £50 as a favour to get the print work, as they were looking to get it gold foiled.

Balked at the £50 offer for redoing their artwork to a professional standard.
Didn't know how to setup the artwork for gold foil and wanted that done for free.

Then wanted to know if I do a sample of the gold foil for FREE!
When I asked how many samples they wanted; they said, "300"

WTF?

scotty

Staff member
Got a request from some company that deals in precious metals, must be a lucrative business, being precious metals and all that. They initially wanted something printed, but on looking at artwork supplied I realised the quality was quite low. Offered to redo the artwork for £50 as a favour to get the print work, as they were looking to get it gold foiled.

Balked at the £50 offer for redoing their artwork to a professional standard.
Didn't know how to setup the artwork for gold foil and wanted that done for free.

Then wanted to know if I do a sample of the gold foil for FREE!
When I asked how many samples they wanted; they said, "300"

WTF?
HA-HA! Just 300?

I'd have bee tempted to get a sheet of gold foil and cut it up into 300 bits and posted them that.

Some people?

gprovan

I'm sure there aren't many of you who like a client to sit with you while you create their design.
And I'm no different. However, I've relented for one new client as they won't have it any other way.

I got this email today: "We are looking forward to see you on Thursday with all your laptop and all your designer tools to get started. If you want to bring snacks that fine."

I just don't know what to expect. :LOL:

Levi

Staff member
I'm sure there aren't many of you who like a client to sit with you while you create their design.
And I'm no different. However, I've relented for one new client as they won't have it any other way.

I got this email today: "We are looking forward to see you on Thursday with all your laptop and all your designer tools to get started. If you want to bring snacks that fine."

Phone in sick....

Luckily I can just say, sorry but my laptop/tablet isn't high enough spec to do the work you want doing.... and as much as I'd love for you to visit mine, unfortunately due to other nda's I can't have clients over to my office at the moment either. :)

hankscorpio

Staff member

Don't expect snacks!

gprovan

Well, here's the follow up from this morning.
It actually went okay. They spoke to me about what they were looking for, sat in another room until I had done some of the work and then came through for me to talk them through it.
Pretty much finalised the design.
I think they've been burnt before, but were more than happy with my work.

I didn't bring snacks but they did make me a coffee.