Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

client: "design my own business card if I send it to you" me "erm..."

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Chirox, May 8, 2013.

1. Chirox

Chirox New Member

I have a lovely client who has sent me a message saying

"I'm not trying to cut cost or anything but can we use my design and you take bit off the price?'

Needless to say its not of a business card proportioned rectangle, looks like comic sans and its in PowerPoint.

I've design thier logo which they're happy with, so how do I politely say, erm, can't really use that (and I will shave a bit off the price)

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Just get straight to the point and say what they have supplied cannot be printed from and offer them a price to re-design/re-draw.

TDesignCo and Minuteman Press like this.
  3. Chirox

Chirox New Member

Funnily enough that's what I sort of did, one of those things where you have to be diplomatic but to the point

4. TDesignCo

TDesignCo Member

Ah yes how to diplomatically tell the client they are taking the ....

I have a customer like this currently armed with a Microsoft publisher file to create a mailing with and asking me to clean it up!

5. Esh

Esh Member

Ahhhh...Good old Microsoft Publisher!

I remember in a previous job when I was asked to be responsible for all the marketing materials and they incorporated design into my job role, but wouldn't get any sort of appropriate software. I was expected to 'make do' with the Microsoft Office suite to create everything! I clearly remember nearly choking to death on my brew when it was even suggested I use Paint!

6. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

That's the definition of cutting the cost. :crazy:

I'd politely tell them everything they've given you is totally unusable - and although they've put something together, you'll have to re-do it from the beginning.