Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap/reliable hosting advice please?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by JimmyMac, Feb 16, 2011.

1. JimmyMac

JimmyMac New Member

Can anyone recommend a good UK based hosting service for WordPress sites? I've had quite a bad experience so far. :(
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

That's because you used the word cheap! Cheap & Reliable rarely go hand in hand :icon_smile:

Don't have anyone to recommend unfortunately as we have a dedicated server, although sure others will be along with some suggestions for you.
  3. JimmyMac

JimmyMac New Member

yeah, true!
  4. djb

djb Member

I’m not if you want Wordpress specific hosting (although you can certainly install Wordpress on the webspace using the automatic installer thingy) but I’ve just switched to these guys:

cPanel Hosting UK | Cheap Domain Names | Free R1Soft | UK Virtual and Dedicated Servers - Vidahost Fast UK Web Hosting

And yes they are cheap, and so far extremely reliable and also surprisingly helpful considering the price you pay. They transferred all my websites/email accounts from my previous host for me within about 15 minutes of asking! Which beats waiting days for my previous (cheap) US hosting company.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. byronc

byronc Member

6. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

The place I work offers websites and they are all WP, the gaffer uses Heart and it is p1ss-easy to set it up, has a one-click button type jobby
  7. knorthfield

knorthfield New Member

If you want cheap I would go for a US host. Is there any particular reason you want a UK one?
  8. JimmyMac

JimmyMac New Member

Thanks for the advice guys.
    For now, I've gone with Clientwork | Free webspace for web designers. I have a WordPress site completely free while I'm developing. I may use the suggested sites above when the time comes to go live.

Many thanks.
  9. richimgd

richimgd Member

For me I would always reccomend 1&1 Web hosting as they havent let me down... I've hosted multiple sites with them for 5 years with no issues at all.