Cheap Design Programs???

Where can I get a cheap version of adobe creative suite 3, does the product have to be registered to me?? are there legalities to this?

Student copies, but obviously you need to be in education or have a friend in education to buy it for you.

Or trial copies to get you started!

Apart from that I don't think there any cheap ways to get Adobe. I personally wouldn't trust the likes of eBay as my Father got ripped off recently when purchasing CS3.

It's worth mentioning in this thread, that if you're buying for multiple machines, you only need to purchase one copy of the software. Then you only have to pay for a license key on each machine, which is cheaper than paying for both the disk and serial each time.

Where student discounts apply, I think university student discounts are greater than college student discounts, so make friends at you local uni and slip them a fiver! :icon_tongue_smilie:

Not sure that Adobe differentiate between college and university students, but uni discount reduces the price down to £420 average for CS4 master! bargain!

I got ripped off by a seller on Amazon too whilst buying an 'unsused copy of CS3'. It was a torrented job burned onto disk and sold to me for £400!!

The DVD was blatently printed using an inkjet printer and it was smudged all over the place.

I got my money back a few days later after threatning them with the police. he said he was shocked it was a copy and would discuss the matter with his 'supplier'.

Soon as I got my money back i reported them to Amazon who as far as I am aware did bugger all about it :icon_cursing:

sometimes hosting companies package their services with applications. I know 1and1 give you dreamweaver8 if you buy their business hosting package. Not the best but a path worth considering

I got ripped off by a seller on Amazon too whilst buying an 'unsused copy of CS3'. It was a torrented job burned onto disk and sold to me for £400!!

The DVD was blatently printed using an inkjet printer and it was smudged all over the place.

I got my money back a few days later after threatning them with the police. he said he was shocked it was a copy and would discuss the matter with his 'supplier'.

Soon as I got my money back i reported them to Amazon who as far as I am aware did bugger all about it :icon_cursing:
Woooot??
:icon_scared:

Recently got a copy of CS4 Design premium for £799. Found this site 'http://www.pbsoftware.co.uk/' and it looks like they have a branch in LA in the united states of the usa. Well that's where it was poster from. Works a dream…

I completed an 8-week course at college, 3 hours per week, which entitled me to gaining the student version of Adobe a few years ago. It was a small commitment in return for a masssssssive discount off CS.

New computer blues

My last computer went kaputt recently and I reluctantly shelled out for a new one. Aside from the cost, one of the only things that has held me back from buying a new PC is the fact that for my work I use Paintshop Pro 9 almost constantly, I installed it many years ago when my old computer was new. My dad gave me a disk of it. However between then and now, I've misplaced that disk and I know I can't afford a new one. Hence my reluctance to buy a new PC, but now I've got no choice and I've had to abandon ship onto a new machine.

As predicted, I don't have Paintshop pro automatically on here, I don't even have my lovely friend Publisher! Gutted! I've got a weird strange new O.S. called Windows 7 which I'm stumbling around like a child learning to walk. It's disorientating and strange and I'm worried it's going to set me back with my illustrations because not only do I not know how to work this darn machine, I don't have Paintshop Pro on it any more.

I've got something called Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 which came with the machine. I tried uploading my illustrations to it but they just sit there, there isn't the usual Paintshop pro type interface where I could use brushes, smudges, tools etc. Plus, most of my work is saved in psp format and Adobe can't read it. I'm in a bit of a muddle, worried, deadlines approaching for my work and I don't know if I'm upside down or inside out. I knew a new computer would stress me out and I wasn't wrong.

Helpppp meeeeeeeeeee :icon_eek: