Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cancellation from the design end

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by ricklecoat, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ricklecoat

ricklecoat Junior Member

I've got my terms all worked out for if the client cancels a project midway through (who pays what, who owns what, etc). But I'm indecisive about what terms to apply should I wish to cancel the project (either because I've had my legs ripped off, or because the client's a deadbeat arse, or whatever).

Curious: what terms to others apply to this situation? Do you return the deposit? Charge for time so far (maybe minus a %age to acknowledge inconvenience to the client)?

Get on a plane and hide in Argentina?

2. berry

berry Active Member

If you check our website out we have our T&C's on there to download, I'm sure we have something on there somewhere that deals with this. Feel to check out if it helps you

3. ricklecoat

ricklecoat Junior Member

Berry:

Those T&Cs are great, thank. I might purloin bits for my own use if you don't mind; I've been trying to adapt the AIGA standard terms into a more manageable format using less legalese -- if I were a client and the designer dropped the AIGA contract in front of me then, frankly, I would probably befoul myself immediately and flee straight to the offices of a designer who didn't appear to be channelling J Edgar Hoover. Armadillo's are much more manageable and concise.

Lovely site too, by the way.

Okay, a related question, raised by your T&C doc...

Actually, I'll start a new thread for it. There, that's netiquette for you (hate that word).
    Cheers again.

Edit: here it is: http://is.gd/1zV8n