Cancellation from the design end

ricklecoat

I've got my terms all worked out for if the client cancels a project midway through (who pays what, who owns what, etc). But I'm indecisive about what terms to apply should I wish to cancel the project (either because I've had my legs ripped off, or because the client's a deadbeat arse, or whatever).

Curious: what terms to others apply to this situation? Do you return the deposit? Charge for time so far (maybe minus a %age to acknowledge inconvenience to the client)?

Get on a plane and hide in Argentina?

If you check our website out we have our T&C's on there to download, I'm sure we have something on there somewhere that deals with this. Feel to check out if it helps you

Berry:

Those T&Cs are great, thank. I might purloin bits for my own use if you don't mind; I've been trying to adapt the AIGA standard terms into a more manageable format using less legalese -- if I were a client and the designer dropped the AIGA contract in front of me then, frankly, I would probably befoul myself immediately and flee straight to the offices of a designer who didn't appear to be channelling J Edgar Hoover. Armadillo's are much more manageable and concise.

Lovely site too, by the way.

Okay, a related question, raised by your T&C doc...

Actually, I'll start a new thread for it. There, that's netiquette for you (hate that word).
Cheers again.

Edit: here it is: http://is.gd/1zV8n

Back