Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business Cards

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by TheNoone, Apr 11, 2011.

1. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

So a few weeks ago i said I would be getting my cards printed finally!
    I used solopress, Everyone so far loves them.......
    Now for you guys to tear it apart!
    Cheers in advance

400gsm recycled pulp board

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

Looks good. Like them alot :icon_smile:

3. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Look good :icon_thumbup:

4. printbar

printbar Active Member

Beautiful. Nicely done indeed!

5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

They look fantastic. Very classy indeed :icon_biggrin:

6. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Thanks guys! I know it's hard getting it right in print first time, but I think I nailed it! Alot more to come hopefully!

Big thanks to the guys at Solopress!

7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Yes, well done. Look distinctive and professional. Nice job!

8. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

These look great mate. Recycled paper is a favourite of mine (I can't stand the feel of glossy cards).

Also I definitely read your name as 'Kyle Noon' rather than 'Kyle No-one' :D

9. willfu

willfu Member

very nice , i like the colour scheme, just out of interest how many did you get and for what price?

10. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Loving the feedback!

@Willfu: I got 1000 for £90, In 48 hours as well. I was a bit worried that the outcome couldn't be too good, but thankfully they turned out exactly how I wanted.

Paul, Yeah I think glossy cards are old news these days, matt is definitely the way forward. I wish I could of got some spot uv, being a student though. You know how it is!
    Nice site by the way, Fancy giving us a heads up on how you would get started on that?

Thanks

11. Paul Murray

You can't surely be talking about my site? It's awful, especially the cheesy, 'beardy designer' picture :icon_tongue_smilie:

12. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

I like it. It's functional, clean and works. It's all about functionality for me, one thing I hate about some designers sites is flashy graphics thrown all over the place.

Is it a wordpress theme?

13. Paul Murray

Yeah, it's a modified version of 'SEO Basics'.

The about me page is just a regular page created in wordpress but uses a template I wrote which gives a different layout. I like the way it separates my blog and portfolio. I'm generally not a fan of having the sidebar and stuff next to a portfolio.

I'm actually working on a redesign this very second using a theme called Simple Type Simple-Type Demo Site | This Is A Demo Site For The Simple-Type WP Theme

14. TheNoone

TheNoone Member

Excellent, I like type in web!

Any good sites for beginners? I've looked at wordpress a few times and even the 'famous'
    5 minute install seems mad to me?!

I'm not a technaphobe either, thought it would be pretty straight forward. But oh well

Cheers!

15. Paul Murray

A lot of web hosts now give you the option of installing wordpress automatically from your hosting control panel.

WP Beginner might be a good place to start looking for help. If you let me know what you're specifically having trouble with I might be able to point you to some more sites.

WPBeginner - Beginner's Guide for WordPress

The layout of my about page is just basic html/css, no php or wordpress functions (though I wouldn't recommend looking at the code, it's wrong in many places and isn't pretty, hence the redesign). All I did was remove the stuff I didn't want (the sidebar and related functions to display content) and coded the layout manually.