Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleed in print

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Minuteman Press, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

2. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

Ahhh, finally, people can stop looking at my name and thinking I'm an axe murderer.
    Can you possibly do a vid about ears bleeding too?, without the music! :icon_tongue_smilie:

Na good work mate.:icon_thumbup:

3. theposterprinter

theposterprinter New Member

Good work, explaining bleed to clients is one of our biggest struggles in life! At least now if all else fails I can point them in the direction of this video and be done with it! :icon_thumbup:

4. Cruzini

Cruzini Member

How Much Bleed?

Entertaining vid.. I can recommend a music composer ... just kidding..

I've got 2 new clients looking business cards done.

I created initial designs as 'pdfs' in Photoshop.. 1 has OK'd the other is still pending..

Each is to be 85 x 55mm (I belive thats std size?)

Anyways what size should I set them so as to cover for bleeds?:icon_dunno:

2mm ie 87mm or 89mm (57mm & 59mm)

5. theposterprinter

theposterprinter New Member

If you are adding on 2mm bleed this needs to be onto each edge, therefore the artwork with bleed should be 89mm x 59mm.

6. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

3mm of bleed on each edge would be safer at 91mm x 61mm

We also have a page on bleed and offer free blank print templates which already include bleed for most standard sizes.

Hope that helps.

7. Cruzini

Cruzini Member

Doh

I 've just been looking at your site and found the templates. I saw them before but didn't download them and just couldn't remember.

Many Thanks Damon.:icon_hide:

I'll move to the back of the class...