Best mouse for design (and casual gaming)

Personally I use:
- spacenavigator (works with photoshop - pans, zooms and adjusts brush sizes), I'm after this version though but I'm not sure its worth the £400 they want for it :(
- ms natural wireless laser mouse 600 - takes a little getting used to but its a fantastic mouse and it does actually make my wrists feel better when using it. (got the matching keyboard too)
- wacom intuos a5 wide SE with pen, airbrush and felt pens

and I've got a logitech nulooq which is basically useless as logitech are crap and stopped updating its drivers (only had about 6 months out of it :().

What you really need, but maybe don't realize, is a horizontal scroll. The Apple Mighty Mouse accomplishes this by using a scroll ball instead of a wheel. Personally, I think the Mighty Mouse is utter crap, so what I suggest is getting one with a scroll wheel, with a slight twitch to both left and right. It doesn't get in your way and it's there when you need it. You'll absolutlely love it, take my word for it ;)

I don't know any specific models, and I don't really believe in a "designer" mouse. Just try to get your hands on some different mice, litterally. And that's my two cents on this topic...

Onartis said:
What you really need, but maybe don't realize, is a horizontal scroll. The Apple Mighty Mouse accomplishes this by using a scroll ball instead of a wheel. Personally, I think the Mighty Mouse is utter crap, so what I suggest is getting one with a scroll wheel, with a slight twitch to both left and right. It doesn't get in your way and it's there when you need it. You'll absolutlely love it, take my word for it ;)

I don't know any specific models, and I don't really believe in a "designer" mouse. Just try to get your hands on some different mice, litterally. And that's my two cents on this topic...

Most MS and logitech (do not buy this brand as they stop supporting products too early) mice have the horizontal scroll, its pretty useless in most cases though in my opinion

Oh no I have come to grown quite fond of it. I guess that command or alt-scrolling also does a horizontal scroll, but I don't seem to use that very often.

I bought a copperhead razor mouse, supposed to be the best for gaming and they have insane accuracy/response time.

The only down side is it broke after about 2 weeks and im back on a 4 year old intelli :D

br3n said:
I bought a copperhead razor mouse, supposed to be the best for gaming and they have insane accuracy/response time.

The only down side is it broke after about 2 weeks and im back on a 4 year old intelli :D

Yeah I was looking at the Razer ones. I'm not sure I want to get one now. :D

Just found this one from SteelSeries.

Information - SteelSeries

No reviews on them yet though as they're so new. The price is also quite high. I love the shape of it. Almost like the Intellimouse which just feels so right in my hand. :)

Have you tried the new improved black version of the Intellimouse br3n?

elecom_scope_node_mouse_1-480x480.jpg

this one looks hwot!!!

"Elecom have announced a new mouse, which claims to offer “pen and paper” precision. An offset 1,600dpi laser sensor is supposedly placed where the nib of a pen would usually rest, relying on the human hand’s natural penmanship skills to increase mousing accuracy."

That's a pretty slick mouse ch3tzy. I really like the idea of the sensor placement emulating a pen. Think I might just have to get one of those and then another mouse for gaming. :)

Thanks for your help and advice everyone!

Aarlev i'll send you my razer to have a go on if you like, the scrollwheel sticks which anoyed me too much to use but you can see what you make of it for everything else?

Back