Best binding options for 84 page A4 book

@GCarlD

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend or tell me what options I have to bind an 84 page A4 book? My printers recommend wire binding, as it can't be stapled due to its quantity and risk of page shifting. Functionality-wise the wire bound method would be good, as it would be very handy to be able to lay the book flat and open on a music stand. It is not a typical music book as such, it is a repertoire for a music instrument technique book. Wire binding is also quite cost effective.

However, I have advised my client against this option of binding. They will have to sell the book at around £15 per copy, in order to make a profit and if I go into the mind of a consumer, I just don't think anyone would be too pleased to pay £15 for a wire bound book. Another worry is I would have thought the pages could be fairly easily ripped out of its wired binding - if the book was accidentally dropped; this could also damage and bend the wire bind. It is just not very aesthetically pleasing and seems a bit unprofessional, especially at that price. We would like to explore other options before deciding on a wire bound book or not.

What are our options?

Any thoughts, ideas, or recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Back