Approaching companies

HippySunshine

How do you appreoach a company to tell them their website sucks and let me help them sort it out, without insulting them?
x

The first thing they would probably say to you is "Are you a web designer/developer" and why do you think its bad. I guess you can then give your opinion and tell them why its bad and good and what they do to improve it. I guess it all comes with expereince too.

Rather than saying your site sucks explain the positives of their current site and then point out the massive advantages of having a strong site and decent seo.

I'm sure there must be some spreadsheets and statistics out there to back up your claims on seo as well

the way I see it is; as long as you have an awesome portfolio you can be as cheeky as you like! :)

I just say how the current website it's doing their business justice and how a brand spanking new web 3.0 design could push them in front of their competitors...all the usual horse crap :)

sophocles said:
I just say how the current website it's doing their business justice and how a brand spanking new web 3.0 design could push them in front of their competitors...all the usual horse crap :)

Most important thing that they need to hear is that there will be a significant return on investment if they choose you for the design.

I believe the most important thing a website owner needs to know is "suggested improvements" in design/coding and SEO aspect and suggestions are no insulting either. Say for a complete website review cost $xxx amount and you do it free, webmasters will love it. (IMO)

Back