Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approaching companies

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Sep 21, 2009.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

How do you appreoach a company to tell them their website sucks and let me help them sort it out, without insulting them?
    x

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

The first thing they would probably say to you is "Are you a web designer/developer" and why do you think its bad. I guess you can then give your opinion and tell them why its bad and good and what they do to improve it. I guess it all comes with expereince too.

3. charles

charles Senior Member

Rather than saying your site sucks explain the positives of their current site and then point out the massive advantages of having a strong site and decent seo.

I'm sure there must be some spreadsheets and statistics out there to back up your claims on seo as well

the way I see it is; as long as you have an awesome portfolio you can be as cheeky as you like! :)

4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

5. sophocles

sophocles Junior Member

I just say how the current website it's doing their business justice and how a brand spanking new web 3.0 design could push them in front of their competitors...all the usual horse crap :)

6. berry

berry Active Member

Onartis asked this a while back and some good replies there

7. charles

charles Senior Member

Most important thing that they need to hear is that there will be a significant return on investment if they choose you for the design.

8. GraphicsGoon

GraphicsGoon Junior Member

I believe the most important thing a website owner needs to know is "suggested improvements" in design/coding and SEO aspect and suggestions are no insulting either. Say for a complete website review cost $xxx amount and you do it free, webmasters will love it. (IMO)