Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other way to register a brandname apart from trademark!

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by h_freezy, Apr 15, 2009.

1. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

i need your advice on this one. I want to register my brandname but the only way i know is trademarking which is like £600. I don't want to waste that money on just mere name. Can you tell me any other ways of just registering a brandname simply.

2. Harry

Harry Senior Member

If you consider it a waste then it can't be much of a brand.
  3. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

I ain't rich but i need to spend money on real things. They even said it's not guaranteed and could be opposed i just do it or look for other ways.
  4. berry

berry Active Member

I wouldn't bother registering a brand name or design unless it's of global consumer use.
    and you intend and can afford to protect it's commercial use by all legal methods.
    Invest in the brand, what it does, and what it stands and it's values itself.
  5. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

that's the main thing. How far would somebody like me pursue an infringement on my TM. There's too much cost involved in legal proceedings these days anyway.
  6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

if you win the case you dont pay a penny.
  7. berry

berry Active Member

But if you don't you go belly up. The only people who win are the lawyers.
  8. Very true... reminds me to chase up my solicitor.. thanks Berry.
  9. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

yeah you are right but that's if you win
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not worth taking the risk if you're planning on stepping on other companies toes, if I was you I'd have a good search of companies using Companies House Web Check and a basic TM search using the Intellectual Property Site. If you find a company using something similar, be that name or mark, then I wouldn't personally take the risk in using it.

Hope that helps,
  11. 88Media

88Media Junior Member