Any other way to register a brandname apart from trademark!

h_freezy

i need your advice on this one. I want to register my brandname but the only way i know is trademarking which is like £600. I don't want to waste that money on just mere name. Can you tell me any other ways of just registering a brandname simply.

Thanks

Harry said:
If you consider it a waste then it can't be much of a brand.

I ain't rich but i need to spend money on real things. They even said it's not guaranteed and could be opposed so..............do i just do it or look for other ways.

I wouldn't bother registering a brand name or design unless it's of global consumer use.
and you intend and can afford to protect it's commercial use by all legal methods.
Invest in the brand, what it does, and what it stands and it's values itself.

Berry said:
I wouldn't bother registering a brand name or design unless it's of global consumer use.
and you intend and can afford to protect it's commercial use by all legal methods.
Invest in the brand, what it does, and what it stands and it's values itself.

that's the main thing. How far would somebody like me pursue an infringement on my TM. There's too much cost involved in legal proceedings these days anyway.

Not worth taking the risk if you're planning on stepping on other companies toes, if I was you I'd have a good search of companies using Companies House Web Check and a basic TM search using the Intellectual Property Site. If you find a company using something similar, be that name or mark, then I wouldn't personally take the risk in using it.

Hope that helps,
Greg

Back