Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Akashic Archives

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Silver Firefly, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Silver Firefly

Silver Firefly Senior Member

I'm currently designing an article type of blog called Akashic Archives. Here's the biggie: I can't decide if I can get away with doing without a logo-mark. For news/magazine type of blogs, is it really necessary to use a logo-mark? Could I get away with just a nice logo-type in general? I've been checking out places like Woo Themes, etc but I would like to hear your opinions.
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I think you could get away with just type, logo shouldnt realy be neccasary.
  3. Silver Firefly

Hmmm well I'm using the Diavlo Light font so maybe you're right.
  4. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

logos can consist of just typography, or a mark and typography - so go with what you feel is best for the overall design :)
  5. Silver Firefly

I am aware of that thanks. I've gone with just Diavlo, which looks fine but it's missing something. Perhaps a tag-line.
  6. Silver Firefly

I've designed a logo-mark for Akashic Archives (with Century Gothic for the logo-type) but not sure if I'll go with it or not. It was good practice in Illustrator though. Think I'm going with a magazine-y blog with a personal touch so it would fit in with that. I uploaded it to my album but it's not been moderated. It's still in the queue.

EDIT: I can't believe it, I've just spotted glenwheeler's avatar... the logo-mark is the same shape!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Post them up for people to see SF, you will probably get more of a response then :)

PS- The albums feature is simply for completed work rather than in progress or ideas ;)
  8. Silver Firefly

Ah right okay no probs.

I'll upload it here in this thread.

Here it is:

I did this when I asked for help with creating the shape in Illustrator (Illustrator newbie here!), but just wondering if I should just go with this one or just go with Diavlo font alone. I'm currently researching magazine-style blogs to see if a logo-mark is generally used. But opinions about the logo-mark would be greatly appreciated as I'm generally not good with logo design.