Akashic Archives

Silver Firefly

I'm currently designing an article type of blog called Akashic Archives. Here's the biggie: I can't decide if I can get away with doing without a logo-mark. For news/magazine type of blogs, is it really necessary to use a logo-mark? Could I get away with just a nice logo-type in general? I've been checking out places like Woo Themes, etc but I would like to hear your opinions.

logos can consist of just typography, or a mark and typography - so go with what you feel is best for the overall design :)

I've designed a logo-mark for Akashic Archives (with Century Gothic for the logo-type) but not sure if I'll go with it or not. It was good practice in Illustrator though. Think I'm going with a magazine-y blog with a personal touch so it would fit in with that. I uploaded it to my album but it's not been moderated. It's still in the queue.

EDIT: I can't believe it, I've just spotted glenwheeler's avatar... the logo-mark is the same shape!

Post them up for people to see SF, you will probably get more of a response then :)

PS- The albums feature is simply for completed work rather than in progress or ideas ;)

Greg said:
Post them up for people to see SF, you will probably get more of a response then :)

PS- The albums feature is simply for completed work rather than in progress or ideas ;)

Ah right okay no probs.

I'll upload it here in this thread.

Here it is:

aa-logo-mark.gif

I did this when I asked for help with creating the shape in Illustrator (Illustrator newbie here!), but just wondering if I should just go with this one or just go with Diavlo font alone. I'm currently researching magazine-style blogs to see if a logo-mark is generally used. But opinions about the logo-mark would be greatly appreciated as I'm generally not good with logo design.

Thanks.

Back