Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please...

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Skoolio, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Skoolio

Skoolio New Member

hello.

I am a teacher but do some graphic design in my spare time. I produced a piece of work a couple of years ago that got quite a few shares on social media. A local taxi firm has now approached me about using this piece in their advertising. I'd love for this to happen but don't want to get screwed over. The taxi company say they will credit me for my work but I have no experience in dealing with this situation.

Any tips on what I should do?

James

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

You don't want credit, you want financial compensation. Decide on a fee for them to use the design and stick to it.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

They're taking the p offering credit... it will be super tiny in their 'advert' so won't be of any benefit to you. Money or no use from me as well.

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Book a cab, get dropped off and when they ask you to pay show them the 'Cab Firm Name Rocks' written on the back of your hand, see if that will suffice as payment.

5. gprovan

gprovan Member

Someone once told me something like - "Experience doesn't pay the bills". I'm a big advocate of that.

6. Quickandeasy

Quickandeasy Junior Member

I think this attached image will illustrate the situation perfectly well! >.<

[​IMG]

Attached Files: