Acrobat 9 Pro Issue

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Any ideas on this?

We have an old machine that we still use that is running Acrobat 9 Pro, for no reason it has changed Page & Ruler Units to Inches, whenever I change back to mm it saves and works, but as soon as I shut the PDF, the next time it reverts to Inches again, Restore last view settings is unticked.

I have even uninstalled completely and reinstalled but this has not fixed it.

I have tried searching online but Adobe has done a good job of removing any help on old software!!

Any ideas?

Maybe try finding the preferences file and then deleting it.

Assuming windows 7 or above
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\9.0\Preferences

It could also be a registry issue, you know how adobe likes to take over the registry, but no idea what that would be, haven't actually used acrobat for ages lol

Thanks Levi

Yes I moved that folder out of there completely as a test and re-started, it didn't create a new folder which is weird.

A complete uninstall and reinstall fixes most things but not this for some reason.

Can't find any details online about the registry either, I think Adobe have done a good job on removing anything to do with old software, as it will only leave one option for users in the end!

Could try uninstalling, removing the folder and doing a reg clean using ccleaner or bleachbit, hopefully getting rid of any acrobat references, and then reinstall.

Little niggles like this are probably the worst thing to actually fix though.

Thanks for your advice both.

I uninstalled and used CCleaner, reinstalled and this time all is working as before (y)
The issue was probably left over registry entry between reinstalls then.... oh I love having to clean up my registry when I uninstall stuff because (in this case) adobe don't have a clean uninstall.

Does that work with pre CC though?
Think I gave the the wrong link - that one can be used to solve installation of creative cloud apps

Here's the Acrobat Cleaner Tool

I'm not sure how far it goes back though.
Just checked - it seems to go back to Acrobat 9 for Windows.

Back