Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Quirk Of The Brain

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by J0GA, Jan 9, 2010.

1. J0GA

J0GA Member

What do you think?
  2. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi J0GA,

Looks great! Nice photo manipulation and typography. I feel it lacks more of a focal point however. The butterfly is competing too much for attention with the frog because of the vibrant blue colour and placement I think. Perhaps you could also try to add some more graphical elements behind the frog? Some more vegetation or something?

May I ask what it's for, or is it just a personal project?
  3. J0GA

J0GA Member

Hi Aarlev!

Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right in both cases. I've made this work 1 year ago and it was just a personal project. But now you give me this feedback I indeed have to say you're right.

4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd be tempted to tone the butterfly right down to a fairly desaturated and lighter blue, and really crank up the vibrance on and around the frog, make him really (oh dear) leap off the page! It's a really nice contrast of visual elements altogether though.
  5. J0GA

J0GA Member

Thanks for the feedback Jimlad! :)
  6. jim

jim Member

I'm loving the ambiguity of seeing this on screen.

It looks like it could be 3d as in real objects, not digital, mixed with printed matter and paint. But now it's on screen as well. It seems to contain all sorts of processes, which really appeals to me.

I think to resolve the focus issue, the frog should be tripled in size. Yes, you 'reddit' right; tripled.

sorry about the joke.
  7. J0GA

J0GA Member

Thanks! And no problem! I don't understand the joke so ... I'm not that good at english ^^ sorry :p
  8. Ant

Ant Member

Well reddit is a site for User-generated news links.

Anyways, the piece is great. I really like it. Always been a fan of photo manip. So keep it up!
  9. J0GA

J0GA Member

Really thank you! :)
  10. jim

jim Member

And Reddit is the noise a frog makes....sometimes..