A Quirk Of The Brain

J0GA

A_Quirk_Of_The_Brain_by_ColourBE.jpg

What do you think?

Hi J0GA,

Looks great! Nice photo manipulation and typography. I feel it lacks more of a focal point however. The butterfly is competing too much for attention with the frog because of the vibrant blue colour and placement I think. Perhaps you could also try to add some more graphical elements behind the frog? Some more vegetation or something?

May I ask what it's for, or is it just a personal project?

Hi Aarlev!

Thanks for the feedback! I think you're right in both cases. I've made this work 1 year ago and it was just a personal project. But now you give me this feedback I indeed have to say you're right.

J0GA

Yeah I'd be tempted to tone the butterfly right down to a fairly desaturated and lighter blue, and really crank up the vibrance on and around the frog, make him really (oh dear) leap off the page! It's a really nice contrast of visual elements altogether though.

I'm loving the ambiguity of seeing this on screen.

It looks like it could be 3d as in real objects, not digital, mixed with printed matter and paint. But now it's on screen as well. It seems to contain all sorts of processes, which really appeals to me.

I think to resolve the focus issue, the frog should be tripled in size. Yes, you 'reddit' right; tripled.

hahaha

sorry about the joke.

Jim said:
I'm loving the ambiguity of seeing this on screen.

It looks like it could be 3d as in real objects, not digital, mixed with printed matter and paint. But now it's on screen as well. It seems to contain all sorts of processes, which really appeals to me.

I think to resolve the focus issue, the frog should be tripled in size. Yes, you 'reddit' right; tripled.

hahaha

sorry about the joke.

Thanks! And no problem! I don't understand the joke so ... I'm not that good at english ^^ sorry :p

J0GA said:
Thanks! And no problem! I don't understand the joke so ... I'm not that good at english ^^ sorry :p

Well reddit is a site for User-generated news links.

Anyways, the piece is great. I really like it. Always been a fan of photo manip. So keep it up!

Back