• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

12 Things I Learned in 12 Months of Business

There's not much more I've learned since I wrote my article on this. The main thing I've found is to just be 100% committed to what you're doing.

davewill

Thanks for this Tony, I have just announced that Im going freelance myself as of 1st Feb 2014 (have 2 month notice period to work first) and your post is really useful. I was thinking of asking the community here for any tips, but this article seems full of great words of advice, so thank you!

scotty

Sean Lee-Amies said:
How's your new site working out Scotty, generating much new business?
Is it shit!
Not really spent much time on it recently as I've got a bit of a glitch uploading content which I need the dev to sort.
Got to sort out the SEO (learning curve starts here) and generally get it out there.
Anything to do with making a new site = Estimated Completion x 10 + Pain In The Arse. :nod:

T

Tony Hardy

Yeah - post the glitch up and we can have a quick peak? :)
Also - if you want to chat about SEO, feel free to pick up the phone/mail and I'll depart what I can onto you.

scotty

That's very kind if you. :)
I'm just having prob's adding things to my folio since a WP upgrade.
I have a bit of a custom thing for setting thumbnail and then the images but my "upload images" functionality has gone. BOO. :(
I know that's not much help fellas. I'm not that WP savvy.

Tony Hardy said:
Also - if you want to chat about SEO, feel free to pick up the phone/mail and I'll depart what I can onto you.
SWEEEEET!
Will do Tony and please feel free to depart all over me.
I kind of know what SEO is but that's about it so be prepared mate.

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Would need a little bit more info on the issue, I'm also around on Skype most days if you need some help with this :)
My Skype: sean.lee-amies