12 Things I Learned in 12 Months of Business

There's not much more I've learned since I wrote my article on this. The main thing I've found is to just be 100% committed to what you're doing.

Thanks for this Tony, I have just announced that Im going freelance myself as of 1st Feb 2014 (have 2 month notice period to work first) and your post is really useful. I was thinking of asking the community here for any tips, but this article seems full of great words of advice, so thank you!

How's your new site working out Scotty, generating much new business?

Sean Lee-Amies said:
How's your new site working out Scotty, generating much new business?

Is it shit!
Not really spent much time on it recently as I've got a bit of a glitch uploading content which I need the dev to sort.
Got to sort out the SEO (learning curve starts here) and generally get it out there.
Anything to do with making a new site = Estimated Completion x 10 + Pain In The Arse. :nod:

Yeah - post the glitch up and we can have a quick peak? :)
Also - if you want to chat about SEO, feel free to pick up the phone/mail and I'll depart what I can onto you.

That's very kind if you. :)
I'm just having prob's adding things to my folio since a WP upgrade.
I have a bit of a custom thing for setting thumbnail and then the images but my "upload images" functionality has gone. BOO. :(
I know that's not much help fellas. I'm not that WP savvy.

Tony Hardy said:
Also - if you want to chat about SEO, feel free to pick up the phone/mail and I'll depart what I can onto you.
SWEEEEET!
Will do Tony and please feel free to depart all over me.
I kind of know what SEO is but that's about it so be prepared mate.

Would need a little bit more info on the issue, I'm also around on Skype most days if you need some help with this :)
My Skype: sean.lee-amies

Yeah, but don't shout it too loud, our egos might hear and we don't want that..!

Back