wp paginate...

NUGFX

Feel like a noob here, but does anyone no how to get the page paginate to work on wordpress default theme twentyeleven? ive tried almost everything and its not working for me and i dunno why, ive played with the functions.php file added custom php, installed plugins and still nothing, ive never used the default theme before so any help would be great. :D

here is the functions.php code i have changed to get pagenavi working

function twentyeleven_content_nav( $nav_id ) {
global $wp_query;

if ( $wp_query->max_num_pages > 1 ) : ?>
<nav id="<?php echo $nav_id; ?>">
<h3 class="assistive-text"><?php _e( 'Post navigation', 'twentyeleven' ); ?></h3>
<div class="nav-previous"><?php next_posts_link( __( '<span class="meta-nav">&larr;</span> Older posts', 'twentyeleven' ) ); ?></div>
<div class="nav-next"><?php previous_posts_link( __( 'Newer posts <span class="meta-nav">&rarr;</span>', 'twentyeleven' ) ); ?></div>
</nav><!-- #nav-above -->
<?php endif;
}

to

function twentyeleven_content_nav( $nav_id ) {
global $wp_query;

if ( $wp_query->max_num_pages > 1 ) : ?>
<nav id="<?php echo $nav_id; ?>">
<h3 class="assistive-text"><?php _e( 'Post navigation', 'twentyeleven' ); ?></h3>
<br>
<?php wp_pagenavi(); ?>
</nav><!-- #nav-above -->
<?php endif;
}

any thoughts, its probably something small and simple, but i just cant see it. (angry face :E)

have you set up Menus under Appearance? - or is that not what you're on about? if you mean re-ordering posts the only wany to do it is go in and edit the posted time so if you wanr a certain one to appear first it must have the most recent daye/time

i mean paginate as in (example. 5 news posts then a next page to page 2 for the next 5 posts)

ive got it to work hundreds of times in past but on this shitty default wp theme i cant figure it out haha

Back