Wordpress E-commerce Site?

scotty

Ultimate Member
Right all you webby people.

I'm wanting to put together a Wordpress e-commerce site.
I have built up a stockpile of orphan t-shirt designs over the years so I thought I'd set up a store.
It's mainly as a project for my two boys given the lack of paper rounds these days plus I think they could learn a lot along the way.

I'd preferably want use Shopify as the t-shirt printer links well with it.

I've seen quite a few free themes that look like they'd do the job but is there anything I should be aware of before I start?

To add:

I want a stand alone WP site that I can tie to Shopify.
Not a Shopify hosted one.

Shopify takes a generous cut of your sales as well as a subscription. You may consider using WooCommerce which integrates easily with existing WP themes. If you're set on Shopify then there is a plugin for WordPress so everything should be pretty straight forward.

If you haven't done much with WP then there may be a bit of a learning kerb when it comes to altering things from how they came in the box, but there's plenty of resources available. Give us a shout if you need a hand.

Hey @wac,

I know :( ...but I'm more than open to suggestions. :D

Reason I wanted to use Shopify is that the drop-shipper has an app that bolts to Shopify.
Plus, that's what I'd read most on so in my naivety I was going to go that route and the reason I wanted a stand alone site was that Shopify only take $9 pm as oppose to $29 pm if you use them for hosting.

I keep coming across "WooCommerce" so I'm going to have a bit of a search on it right now.

Really appreciate the advice and help Wac. :D

Glad I asked as I don't want to set it up and find a better option later down the line.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Hi Scotty, Scott is here.
I just wanted to know that why you're using the WordPress Platforms for E-commerce or Woo-commerce website.
You can use any another platform like Abenta cart...!!! Which is easier to design a Woo-commerce website.. that's my suggestion.

Hi Scotty, Scott is here.
I just wanted to know that why you're using the WordPress Platforms for E-commerce or Woo-commerce website.
You can use any another platform like Abenta cart...!!! Which is easier to design a Woo-commerce website.. that's my suggestion.

Hey Scott. :D

Basically because all the research I've done suggests that way.
I'm not very techie when it comes to web development. :(

I'm fairly familiar with WP and there are loads of free themes which fit with doing it on a shoe string as well.

That being said, I'm totally up for suggestions which is why I asked so I'll check out Abenta Cart.

Thanks for that.

Back