Why do all 'transparent' logos now have fake squares behind them now?!

shazza

Whyyyyy! It's so weird and annoying! I mean when you Google transparent images....

Any ideas or tips more than welcome :)

Sharon

It's just to show the image is transparent, as without it the background would be just white or whatever the colour of the image is.

Not really sure what the problem is.

If you want in Photoshop you can turn this off Photoshop → Preferences → Transparency & Gamut

1603731044921.png

No, when you download and bring into Illustrator the grid comes in too. That never happened before, they aren't transparent like they used to be. Some are, some aren't, it's extremely strange.

Thanks for your reply!

Ah, that's people putting them in there.

In Illustrator - go to the Layers panel and see if it's on a separate layer and delete it.

If not - you might be able to select them easily enough.

Why would people do that though? It's making life so much harder :) I don't think there'll be layers as it's always when I need a transparent logo and break it up in Illustrator. Such a strange thing!

Not really - a lot of people are doing it these days. Just delete it if you don't need it. There are loads of ways to do it.

Do you know why anyone would do it though? Also, it's a nightmare to delete, you have to delete each square, no?

Thanks for replying again!

Thnak you...I'll send a few images...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.00.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.00.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.24.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.24.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.41.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 17.54.41.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 5
How are you getting the files, I've just tried getting some of those images and I don't get the 'transparent background' squares....

Also, it's a nightmare to delete, you have to delete each square, no?
Firstly, check they are actual squares and it’s not your illustrator background settings. If not (of course it isn’t, that’d be too easy!), then you could select one square and the do a select same fill colour and hope nothing else is spec’d with the exactly the same colour.

I guess this is a different design. Some people use this kind of designs for different purposes. If you want the background plain then search it up, you would definitely get it. The square ones are made for some other reasons and for different needs. If it bothers you then you can search the ones you need.

Back