White Gradient Ink on Clear Decals

Jools

Help!
We have a van which we need to add transparent decals / stickers / clings to the windows on the outside. The print on them is white GRADIENT bubbles. The windows are tinted so the white ink will show up and we want to back light through the glass.
No one seems able to do these white gradient clings. Are we asking for something that cannot yet be done?

Hi,

I don't think the result will be up to much, especially backlit, as when you backlight your tinted window it'll get lighter decreasing the contrast rather than increasing it. There are white inks out there on digital machines but I can't see anyone jumping at the chance to mess with it for a single vehicle.

Have you thought about just having it printed to one way mesh? If the window is tinted anyway it's not like your grad is going white to clear - it's going white to tint. Just copy your tint colour as the background in your artwork. Should give a similar effect on a readily available product.

Regards,
Craig

I would like to see the final product of your composition, to see if you archive the tint and with the right backgorund

Back