Which tool is best for creating digital graphics for a game?

nexussignage

Hello,

Can you please tell me the best software or tool which I can use for making graphics/illustrations for a gaming app or gaming website?

Best tool? Education.

From your question, I have assumed you are completely new to this. It is such an over-simplistic question that there is no one answer, I’m afraid.

A lot will depend on what sort of gaming app you want to produce. Flat graphics, probably illustrator. More photographic / pixel-based; Photoshop. After that, you could be getting into 3d modelling and that is a whole different skillset again, Maya, 3DS Max, Carrara, Blender. Are you looking at more filmic games, (Premiere Pro / After Effects). Would it be very high end and involve film and 3d modelling. You’ll likely need to look at VFX and then you really are getting into serious skills, expense and kit at that point. Something like Flame for VFX is an industry standard. That takes years of learning and will cost you about £500 per month for the software.

Sorry if I am seeming to obfuscate here, but as you can see, you’ll need to be a little more specific with your question and what you want to do.

Back