What's everyone working on?

Just done a bowl of granola (awesome stuff) and about to start on some coffee. Work-wise, I'm colouring up background illustrations for a kids game and sketching rough ideas for some KS2 text book illustrations.

A can of monster, will have some weetabix in bit and might treat myself to the chippy later!!!!!

Also still going through this proposal for website and responding to email. I'll draw pretty things this afternoon lol and on top of that i need to sort my accounts out but can't be arsed lol

I love Quorn scotch eggs, so do a lot of my friends who aren't vegetarians. Running on fumes at the moment... will need some toast very shortly.

Eww, Quorn. Can't stomach that stuff. Horrible. I'm Gonna take the dog out, then it's back to business.

Gareth said:
Eww, Quorn. Can't stomach that stuff. Horrible. I'm Gonna take the dog out, then it's back to business.
At least my colon resembles a magical kaleidoscope.

Toast may be required soon. Or an egg sandwich. Not managed to get round to making a 2nd coffee yet so that's priority numero the first.
Oh, and I'm sketching a volcano that looks like a sloppy sock.

I'm working on too many things, so having a bit of a melt down. Have huge cup of boiling hot tea that I'm downing so fast it's burning all the way down (this is how I like it) and I've needed a pee for the last few hours but I can't tear myself away.... instead I log onto forums for 5 mins of welcome distraction.

LOL! I'm married to an asbestos mouth who likes her tea that way.

I sent off my iso environment yesterday so I've been watching After Effects tut's where I can today and enjoying the calm before the storm.

Heard good things about Laravel, bit much for me though I'm afraid.

What sort of logo Neon? I finished a Table talker design for a clients restaurant website today.

wBzguvF.png

It's for a business mentor / life skills person. I spent 3.5 hours with the client on wednesday figuring out the name we settled on 'resonance' and there's a blackhole piece that needs to be incorporated, i'll upload some of my ideas later.

Today I think I might do some work on my ab's and maybe a few star jumps if I still have the energy.

Then again................... might not.

I could never decide on the name of a business in 3.5 hours! I also think it's valuable to let my client go away and think about things, rather than requiring them to make a potentially rushed decision in one meeting - also means no more 3.5 hour meetings!! I do a quick interview session about what they want the brand name to communicate etc etc and then I go away and think of a load of suggestions, write them all down and present to client, with a bit of back story to each one. I then tell them to wait a couple of days before making a decision, this also gives them time to get feedback from friends, family and colleagues.

Cool stuff though, a block hole piece? Look forward to seeing that!

Thanks Scotty, another informative post ;)

I could never decide on the name of a business in 3.5 hours! I also think it's valuable to let my client go away and think about things, rather than requiring them to make a potentially rushed decision in one meeting - also means no more 3.5 hour meetings!! I do a quick interview session about what they want the brand name to communicate etc etc and then I go away and think of a load of suggestions, write them all down and present to client, with a bit of back story to each one. I then tell them to wait a couple of days before making a decision, this also gives them time to get feedback from friends, family and colleagues.

Cool stuff though, a block hole piece? Look forward to seeing that!

Thanks Scotty, another informative post ;)

We'd been working on 3 weeks before this meeting. So I'm glad we got it sorted. Client really happy with it :) so we can move forward. The first meeting we had lasted 2 hours talking about names and brand etc.and came up with some excellent concepts but just couldn't quite nail it, but as the weeks have gone on we've worked through it etc and in this last meeting got the name. :)

Back