What should i do?

mdesign

Hi everyone I'm the new guy around here, i recently graduated with a degree in (Business Computing Solutions) Courses — Bradford College and i am currently looking for work but don't know if it would be better for me to start doing Freelance work as the industry seems really crowded, also any suggestions on areas i could go into where there is more money.

Thanks People

:icon_biggrin:

Hi everyone I'm the new guy around here, i recently graduated with a degree in (Business Computing Solutions) Courses — Bradford College and i am currently looking for work but don't know if it would be better for me to start doing Freelance work as the industry seems really crowded, also any suggestions on areas i could go into where there is more money.

Thanks People

What kind of work are you looking at? Graphic Design, Web Design? I'd echo the last post and get as much work experience under your belt as possible.

Learn to code - there's lots of 'designers' out there but not a huge number of good coder/designers. . .

Thanks People

Having a look at your degree course profile, it doesn't seem to be a design course at all, just a business IT course. Is this the case? If so, what exact freelance are you interested in?

Hi,

1. I would suggest the first thing to do is get a basic website up and running to showcase your work. I guess you have a portfolio of work completed when you study so this could form apart of your portfolio.

2. You don't need to code if you don't want to, find a devloper who is willing to trade services to get you started online but learning HTML / CSS will help a lot and it's not that difficult to learn.

3. Try speaking to business links for business advice. Its a free service for people based in UK - Business support, information and advice | Business Link

4. I started off just like you are know, as a freelance graphic and web developer. It can be difficult at the begining but keep up the effort and I am sure it will pay off....

5. Ask a few local business if they need any graphic design work to be completed and offer them a great deal. This will give you some credibility for the next set of clients you approach.

good luck !

The other thing I'd say is that this isn't an easy or massively well paid industry. It seems odd to me that you're wanting to get into it without having done a relevant course. If you're really serious, the advice above seems good to me - work experience, portfolio online, maybe some more training in relevant areas. You need more than a computer and a penchant for photoshop.

Back