What is this logo style called?

Pixelated dot logo?

I don't think there's an actual name for it.

But perhaps digital, dots, pixelated, etc.

I'd be tempted to use "matrix" in some way to describe the construction of this particular logo. I'm not sure how to describe none-uniform variations like the Cancer Research one

0_0_620_http---offlinehbpl.hbpl.co.uk-news-OKM-014AAA96-C183-C972-941F3897002D913A.jpg

I wouldn't say that its a specific style but probably the closest to that would be pointillism, so you could call it digital pointillism or deconstructed pointillism as the dots aren't connecting/ overlapping forming the picture like in actual pointillism.

I know an artist that can do those pointillism drawings. I was sitting with him one day and he was just tapping the pen off the paper as we chatted. Low and behold he had recreated the beautiful scenery were looking at out the window. I was truly amazed and gobsmacked.

Alas, it was prior camera-phone days, so I have no record of it except my memories :(

Pretty cool though.

I know an artist that can do those pointillism drawings. I was sitting with him one day and he was just tapping the pen off the paper as we chatted. Low and behold he had recreated the beautiful scenery were looking at out the window. I was truly amazed and gobsmacked.

Alas, it was prior camera-phone days, so I have no record of it except my memories :(

Pretty cool though.

One of my friends does them too. It's fascinating to watch them just appear a dot at a time - Bryony Hopkins illustration

Back