What career path should I follow if I like geometry?

Ashkeef

Hello,

Ever since I was very young, I loved to design things like these. it doesn't have to look exactly the same as these images here, but I like the geometry of it. I studied to become a 3D artist at Full Sail University where I got a certificate and learned about Maya and the fundamentals of 3D. Now I just have to find the right career path so that I can finally get a job to pay my student dept.

Does anyone know which software is best for this kind of art, or what kind of career path I should follow if I like geometry?932BB1A2-FC8A-48BA-B135-7A63D7BDCE97.png

I don't think you can make a career out of geometric designs unless you somehow turn them in to works of art, but adobe illustrator and isometric illustration are the first things that spring to mind.

What I don't understand is how you've loved doing this from an early age and then spent however many years at uni, you still don't know what route to take or even what software to use.
Why didn't you major in something like this on your course, or at least try and tie it in to 3D art?

The only thing I can think of is textile design, but that’s quite some way from the path you went down with 3D modelling.

Dice designing is a bit of a gamble...

But I believe it's a big market.
All the gamers out there and things like that.

Back