Weebly Question!

Krenzathal

Hi all. I've been creating a website using weebly, just for speed of editing. I do use the HTML & CSS editor within that as well to fine tune things.

Everything looks fine but I want to create a welcome or enter page which will just consist of a black page with an animated giff of a logo that links to the home page.

The problem with Weebly is that if you change anything to do with the page itself like background etc, then it is applied to every single page in your site so when I removed the code of the header and the navbar and changed the bg colour to black it applied it to every page and I only want to do it on one.

I'm not sure what to do now. I know bits and bobs bout html and CSS but not that much and I'm a bit stumped as to what to do here.

Can anyone advise me on what to do just to make changes to only one page?

Thanks!

The only thing that will cascade through you pages is a specific style sheet. Detach that style sheet from the page in question and it will not affect the page. You are then free to use some <head> styles for that landing page.

Just on a side note, landing pages are not the best idea in SEO terms. Ask yourself if you really want your main landing page for your website to just be an animated gif?

Back