Website Header

OllieGuy

Hi All,

Here is the 'prototype' of a header I am designing for a website. What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Oliver

Attachments

• TT header v1.jpg
    TT header v1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 37
Hi All,

Here is the 'prototype' of a header I am designing for a website. What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Oliver

Just a personal opinion but I think it is a little drab and grey. Take a look at some other Tech sites; Technology News and Gadget Reviews | T3 magazine Online & Gadget reviews, video reviews and technology news | Stuff magazine They have plain background like yours but also have a strong block of colour to make it stand out. Think you should go for something like that.

I'm not mad for the metal effect or the fonts i'm afraid, but it's functional and the composition works.

Not really a big fan in all honesty.

As others have said, the grey, metallic look doesn't really suit it I don't think and, if it did, I don't think it's really been pulled off.

The text blends in to the background too much and the stroke around the "Gadget Reviews, Tutorials, News & More" line doesn't work; the text is hard to read.

Not really a big fan in all honesty.

As others have said, the grey, metallic look doesn't really suit it I don't think and, if it did, I don't think it's really been pulled off.

The text blends in to the background too much and the stroke around the "Gadget Reviews, Tutorials, News & More" line doesn't work; the text is hard to read.

what he said - its quite hard to read and a bit old fashioned. I guess the content will be more important than the design in the end though

Back