Website Critique [WIP]

olijosm

Hi gang,

I've started a pretty minimalist website for my portfolio, and would like a bit of feedback as to how it looks. There is only the front page so far, as I am getting that right before replicating it.

I understand that as it is minimal, everything counts 10 times as much in terms of the little things, so please be very critical of it (in a constructive way of course :))

Thanks guys!

Oliver

If not sure if it's the serif font or the shield, but the whole thing looks very corporate to me. More like the site of a law firm than a graphic designer

If not sure if it's the serif font or the shield, but the whole thing looks very corporate to me. More like the site of a law firm than a graphic designer

That's just a logo that I did for a bar (in the legal quarter of the city I live in, so maybe I did something right!), but do you think that detracts too much from the overall look?

ah okay thats fair enough. I don't know i think the san serif in the logo and then your name in serif underneath is jarring, it just look too old fashioned.
also there's too much text on your front page for me. putting that amount on an 'about' page might be okay, but its too much for a homepage, think about boiling that down into 4 points.

Make your work bigger, place it before the text and put the emphasis on that.

Keep body copy to a minimum on the landing page and ensure it features keywords and search terms you want your site to be found through search engines by.

Hardwork on the eye. Lacks design input.

Does Facebook represent your target market? Listed first. Tweet currently listed seems far from your target market.

Needs a lot of work.

I think there is a way to go yet. I agree with what the others have said. 'I know naading' when it comes to the technical side but to my eye its not showcasing your creative flare which it should on first impressions/homepage. In my opinion from a purely visual point of view, its too simple.

Also I feel your Logo needs a bit of breathing space. Maybe because your Logo is simple thats whats stunting your creative flare with your website? You could maybe edit your logo so that it says more about who you are/visual stimulating or funk the website up a bit to complement and inhance your Logo/identity?

Last edited:
Back