Website critique required

YK2000

Hi guys, new member here. The critiques here are brutal, which is what I believe is required for one to improve. So bracing myself for any feedback that comes in. We sell Health Supplements in the UK https://www.waterfall-d-mannose.com/ Looking for feedback on colors, images, overall design, sales copy, optimisation etc. God help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks dated and just like a zillion other generic health supplement sites. Very untrustworthy products: "May prevent urinary tract infections. May ease symptoms of cystitis & UTI.".

Site is waterfall-d-mannose but you are sweetcures. Looks dodgy. Especially as sweet cures is a dormant company and the address is for SiteWarrenty.

I wouldn't buy anything from you

Looks dated and just like a zillion other generic health supplement sites. Very untrustworthy products: "May prevent urinary tract infections. May ease symptoms of cystitis & UTI.".

Site is waterfall-d-mannose but you are sweetcures. Looks dodgy. Especially as sweet cures is a dormant company and the address is for SiteWarrenty.

I wouldn't buy anything from you
Thanks! Unfortunately we're limited by what we can say due to regulations imposed on the Natural Health Industry

I couldn't get past the neon green menu bar up top.... use green by all means but not that shade...

It does however feel rather dated as said, even down to the menu design.

I wouldn't buy from it either and I HATE the fact that I have no way to opt out of cookies I don't need to use the site.

Where's the waterfall?!

I had to hunt a bit to find out what D-Mannose is, but I don't get the waterfall connotation. You have green packaging and a pink flower banner, but not
a waterfall in sight. It's all a bit confusing when your company name is totally different again.

The site and packaging design is all a bit bland and dated, and that header/banner needs sorting.

Where's the waterfall?!

I had to hunt a bit to find out what D-Mannose is, but I don't get the waterfall connotation. You have green packaging and a pink flower banner, but not
a waterfall in sight. It's all a bit confusing when your company name is totally different again.

The site and packaging design is all a bit bland and dated, and that header/banner needs sorting.
All valid points, thanks. I believe the mannose is sourced from old forest timber, where they may be waterfalls ;-)

I couldn't get past the neon green menu bar up top.... use green by all means but not that shade...

It does however feel rather dated as said, even down to the menu design.

I wouldn't buy from it either and I HATE the fact that I have no way to opt out of cookies I don't need to use the site.
Too bright, noted. Selective cookie suppression, thanks. Got any links to more modern menus? Can't say I've seen super sophisticated menus on e-commerce sites.

Thanks! Unfortunately we're limited by what we can say due to regulations imposed on the Natural Health Industry
What regulations?

What platform are you using? Have you tested different themes? The one you are using looks like it was developed 20 years ago.

Why hand code? There are a number of applications you can use with thousands of themes, plugins and extensions. You can switch themes, test plugin, integrate with stock systems and so much more.

But if you want to hand code that’s fine. Simplify the page. Remove elements so you have a very simple uncluttered layout. Mute the colours. Focus on product descriptions.

What is your marketing plan?

Why hand code? There are a number of applications you can use with thousands of themes, plugins and extensions. You can switch themes, test plugin, integrate with stock systems and so much more.

But if you want to hand code that’s fine. Simplify the page. Remove elements so you have a very simple uncluttered layout. Mute the colours. Focus on product descriptions.

What is your marketing plan?
So we customize for speed and optimize for sales. We re-wrote jQuery, reducing it from 100kb to 8kb for example. Parcels can also be selected more efficiently by custom calculations to reduce postage costs. We've been in business for almost 20 years. Yeah, we're going to tone back the colors, thanks!

Ok. But the whole site is clunky with a poor UX. It's not just about the colours. The customer journey is all wrong.

But to give proper advice we need to know your target customer and your marketing plan.

Little things like the font size depends on who you are selling to and the device they use.

Does your marketing plan land them on the product pages, category pages or the homepage?

Ok. But the whole site is clunky with a poor UX. It's not just about the colours. The customer journey is all wrong.

But to give proper advice we need to know your target customer and your marketing plan.

Little things like the font size depends on who you are selling to and the device they use.

Does your marketing plan land them on the product pages, category pages or the homepage?
All ads point to the product page. Very small site really, only 10 product pages, maybe 60 pages all up. Target market is anyone with a UTI :) Currently biggest demographic is females aged over 40. Apple devices make up the lion's share of traffic.

OK. So remove all the fluff. Keep the landing page very simple. Remove almost everything except the product. Show the name, cost image and description. Don't have any jump links. Add all everything to the description.

Remove SM links (you don't want people going off site).

Simplify the checkout page. Too many boxes. Make it all one form I can easily scroll down. Do you really sell internationally? If most of your orders are the UK bin the postage options for the other countries. If you do then fix the address look up - it only shows UK addresses. I went to WorldPay, cancelled and had fill in the form again.

I can't get back to the main site from the checkout.

The colours are not calming. Try changing to pastels.

The cookie thing is really annoying as it doesn't give the option to reject.

I agree with everyone else, unfortunately. It looks dated but I think it because of the colours.
Fisicx is right with the comments above.

Have a look at Holland & Barrett below, they are selling tons, probably have a whole load of Developers and Marketing Teams working on their site, so I'd look at what works with their site and use that as a bench mark for your site.
Aim to make your site easier to use, and take notice of these comparisons.

1) the first thing I see on your site is a big pink flower, the first thing I see on theirs is that they sell Health products and vitamins.
2) I see Love Your Well Ness, and a call to action, in the first couple of seconds I know what they are selling and a big green button that's asking me to click to shop
3) I know they do free delivery over £25 and they have a big 20% off the banner.
4) Your site I couldn't find the delivery details or the returns details. Even though its at the top of the page. It just doesn't stand out as well.

Have a look at this free downloadable template, and have fewer colours, it draws attention to your call to Action buttons and your products.

It's also a good idea to get honest feedback on a forum like this. I find if I ask friends and colleges they just tell me what I want to hear, they don't want to offend.
With strangers, they don't care about offending but do care about giving you honest advice that will help you find out what potential clients think, and ultimately make them buy from your site.

Good luck

Back