Web2Print (online print ordering system) for Graphic Design Business / Creative Agency

peterpaz

Hello
I own a small graphic design studio and I am considering adding an online print ordering system (web2print).
Thing is, I can't find any genuine reviews of such backend systems that we can 'bolt-on' to our website, or a 'stand-alone' system that we could 'skin' with our branding.
We are not particularly interested in the 'design your own print items online' that some offer (because we want to design the jobs for clients), so it is primarily an online print ordering system we need.

I'd like to know if any of you have experience with these systems and if you can give any feedback please

For example:

Ease of set-up?
How easy is the backend system to use?
Ease of use from a customer point of view?
Range of products and configurations?
Ability to set your own pricing?
Do you have to use the companies printing services or can you print elsewhere?
Pricing: £-£££, monthly, annually, any additional/unexpected costs?
Are 'add-ons' available: email marketing, promotional stuff, etc.?

Any help, recommendations, experience would be really appreciated.
Thank you.

I've used and researched quite a few I'll see if I can find out the name of the one I wanted but wasn't selected.

And because they went with the one I didn't want the solution is defunct for them now. And so am I!

I've used and researched quite a few I'll see if I can find out the name of the one I wanted but wasn't selected.

And because they went with the one I didn't want the solution is defunct for them now. And so am I!
Hi Hank
That sounds intriguing. Of course thats gonna to be an issue with these systems too.. they have to survive, otherwise users will suffer big time!
Thanks for bringing that point up and I look forward to hearing about your research and findings.

Hi Hank
That sounds intriguing. Of course thats gonna to be an issue with these systems too.. they have to survive, otherwise users will suffer big time!
Thanks for bringing that point up and I look forward to hearing about your research and findings.
I'm pretty sure this is it

So you can put your own standard products and things like that.

But there's a robust back engine that you can setup - say there's something you don't offer - like say Mugs.
You can set up 3 providers - and the person ordering simply inputs what they want - 100 mugs/full colour/1 side only etc.

Then the request for quote (RFQ) is sent to the 3 vendors separately.
You then get back the 3 responses.

You add your markup/delivery etc.

There's also online templates, so you can offer simple templates, exhange backgrounds/add delete text. etc.

I can share my experience of PrintNow. Not helpful or approachable IMHO. Avoid if you're planning to use with the Woocommerce integration, it simply doesn't work. They wanted us to pay for this custom development work to fix their broken plugin - thousands of $$$ were wasted with this company. Do your own research, but the attitude soon changed once we'd signed up and paid $10000 for the years subscription and "On Boarding" which consisted of one, 1 hour zoom call. Not great. We removed the software after several month waiting for a solution and lost all our money in the process.

Thats sounds like a dreadful experience!
A very costly venture indeed.
Hope you can recover from it and its not broken the bank!
Good luck and stay safe.

Back