Web design as a career!

hengemenn

Hello buddy,

Great day to all! I'm going to learn web design. Also, got conceded me in a computer learning institute. In any case, I am a tad confounded about web design future.

What do you think? Your input is exceptionally appreciated.

The days of designing a website in photopshop or some other application and converting to HTML/CSS are long gone.

There are umpteen site builder platforms - both free and premium making it really easy for people to DIY.

The real money is in bespoke work. Building themes, plugins and extensions, crafting CSS, setting up custom functions and so on.

If you can take a Shopify site and enhance the layout or build a WordPress plugin or fix the responsiveness of Squarespace then you will make money.

If you want to learn something really useful, react.js, headless CMS and other emerging technologies would be a good place to start.

Just to add, websites are now build in elements which are assembled into a webpage.

So for example, you would build the header and footer, main navigation, CTA, homepage content, product content, contact form, checkout, testimonial, image gallery and so on all as individual elements.

If you are using a CMS (you would be daft not to) you get the data from each of these elements from the database. If you look at the source code for a CMS template there is no content - just database hooks and structural tags.

For example, this is a wordpress template for a single post:
Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="maincontent">

<div id="primary">

<?php if(have_posts()) : ?>
    <?php while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

<div class="entry single">

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
        <?php the_content(); ?>

<?php wp_link_pages('<p><strong>'.esc_html__('Pages','aerinone').':</strong> ', '</p>', 'number'); ?>
        <?php edit_post_link('Edit', '<p>', '</p>'); ?>

<?php comments_template( '', true ); ?>

</div>

<?php endwhile; ?>
    <?php else : ?>

<div class="entry single">
        <h1><?php esc_html_e('Not Found','aerinone'); ?></h1>
    </div>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

</div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>