Two website designs, vote for favourite

abovecreative

I've recently done a website design which the client has decided to run past the company who did the branding (wanted to get their opinion), they decided to do a design that they say 'more reflects the brand'. If you've got a mo please vote for your favourite here... 2scoops - choose your favourite design
I won't say which is mine.

Thanks

Yours is the second and theirs is the first. And they're right. The second one is too cool and minimal. Looks more like a design folio. The first one could be improved though - some larger images up front would be nice, hopefully of the actual product they're selling.

Yours is the second and theirs is the first. And they're right. The second one is too cool and minimal. Looks more like a design folio. The first one could be improved though - some larger images up front would be nice, hopefully of the actual product they're selling.
Nope, mine is the top one and theirs is the bottom. The design company who did the branding is actually a really big one with around 60 staff and large bluechip clients so was a little surprised when I saw it (thought it would be much better). 2scoops is a new startup so not got any images or content yet, just made it all up.

Well don't I feel stupid? You're right, their design is way off brand. It looks like an off the shelf worpress template.

I didn't even really have to look at it on a larger scale 1st impressions count as i clicked like on the top one before opening the larger picture (1st one caught my attention more)

"top one definitely - bottom one looks like a photographers gallery. My 'like' didn't work though."

Cheers, please try again. For some reason the database stopped working, fixed it so should work.

The top design is much much better than the other design. I can see where the design agency are coming from, but, I think they've missed the mark entirely.

top1 defo, i must say that the 2nd 1 is about as good as the dog shit my shoe stood on. and for a big company as u say that is a terrible design and layout even if it was for a photographer.

only thing i would say about ur design is the footer, i find it a bit hard 2 read the white text on the olive green bg. ive also voted for your 1

Top one works much better for it's application. Nothing against the bottom one though, I actually quite like it - just not for this kind of thing...

I waited to find out which one was yours. However, the top is much better.

We do a lot of design work for some companies who'd rather use us than the agency that created their brand. Some of the big agencies think the sun shines out of their proverbial and that they can do no wrong and charge the earth. Too often their work is shoddy and lazy.

This particular exercise proves my point. Stick to your guns! You've got us all behind you.

Back