Tribute portrait, open for debate

I was like...who is it....

If it isn't obvious who it is then it's a fail imo.

Not a fan of the art style either, it just doesn't work imo.
Why is it so BIG!?
They put a big image up... yeah it could have been scaled down before posting

Tribute to whom?

I thought tributes were usually for people who had died. But I could be wrong.

@fisicx I see how you could come to that conclusion. I think a tribute is just as a sign of respect or allegiance in some way, so it's often done for someone when they past away. But nothing says you can't pay respect to someone before they go..

I think this one below qualify as a "tribute" portrait:

7783820506_hope-portrait-de-barack-obama-realise-par-shepard-fairey-en-2008-qui-lui-a-valu-une...jpg

Again tribute to who.... if it wasn't for the 'obvious' Americanisation of the image you'd never pick Obama if you were asked who it was.

Don’t google ‘tribute portrait’. The results are not what you think they should be.

I got it was Greta. :)

Thing is... Shepard Fairy for into a lot of trouble for that portrait as you all probably know but recently I saw on Twitter that someone posted a really good, flattering portrait of Greta Thunberg.

Apparently, Greta has trademarked herself and the artist got a seize and desist e-mail from her lawyer. :O

I don't actually, what trouble?
I thought his portrait gained rapid success and became a key icon of the campaign..

LOL! I doubt you'll get any. ;)

The Obama poster suit was because Shepard Fairy used a news agency photo to base his portrait on (allegedly) without seeking permission or paying and it became the image of Obama's campaign.

Don't know what's the deal with Greta though.

Back