travel advertising

Hi guys,

struggling with a project atm, Im doing a project based around commercial space travel. I've done a load in terms of branding, advertising ideas, brochures etc but I've hit a brick wall in terms of posters. ive got a load of rough ones done featuring majestic shots of planets, pretty predictable stuff.

I want to be different, bold and eye catching with the advertising to make people stop and look at the posters. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anywhere I could research interesting travel posters, apart from adsoftheworld.com or if any of you guys have any ideas about what I could do? Im all years.

thanks for any info you can give.

This guy has some space-travel posters created in a vintage, art deco style, which I've always liked.

stevethomas: Vintage Space Travel Posters: Zazzle.com Store

Personally I've always been amazed by the sheer scale of things in space, and when you try and get your head around the size of the of the objects, you really feel quite insignificant.

Take this image for example. The sticky out blobs on the top of the left pillar are apparently wider than our whole solar system!

http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/images/hs-1995-44-a-web_print.jpg

I'd be tempted to work up some posters that maybe show how small our current holiday destinations are in comparison to space destinations and maybe include a comparison like I did with the pillar.

This guy has some space-travel posters created in a vintage, art deco style, which I've always liked.

stevethomas: Vintage Space Travel Posters: Zazzle.com Store

Personally I've always been amazed by the sheer scale of things in space, and when you try and get your head around the size of the of the objects, you really feel quite insignificant.

Take this image for example. The sticky out blobs on the top of the left pillar are apparently wider than our whole solar system!

http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/images/hs-1995-44-a-web_print.jpg

I'd be tempted to work up some posters that maybe show how small our current holiday destinations are in comparison to space destinations and maybe include a comparison like I did with the pillar.

Cheers for the links mate. I have something very similar to the ski neptune poster haha. I love the idea of comparisons on holiday sizes. The only way is showing the comparison in a fun way. Great idea though mate, thanks for that.

Cheers for the links mate. I have something very similar to the ski neptune poster haha. I love the idea of comparisons on holiday sizes. The only way is showing the comparison in a fun way. Great idea though mate, thanks for that.

sorry Ski Pluto I meant to say.

Hey,

managed to get hold of some 3D paper, creates a great 3D effect. Any ideas of what imagery that links with space could work well with 3D? Im think an astronaut holding out his hand, with the 3D effect you'd feel as if you could grab it and join him on an adventure. Could do great, large scale scenery shots of different planets, under the sea's of neptune, mountains on mars etc.

Back