The Apprentice

I'd do the same. I recently asked an old tutor of mine how you deal with clients who are hindering your creativity and bringing about a Frankenstein's monster of design.

His answer was to simply "give 'em what they want and don't tell anyone you created it!"

Sound advice.

I like this quote! It's basically why I have bugger all in my portfolio! I'm too ashamed to put them up!

Which I reckon is the same as who is designing for the apprentice. I wouldn't be suprised if all comms were done by email too....... so the designer cant be recognised!

I like this quote! It's basically why I have bugger all in my portfolio! I'm too ashamed to put them up!

Which I reckon is the same as who is designing for the apprentice. I wouldn't be suprised if all comms were done by email too....... so the designer cant be recognised!

But they sometimes show footage of them sat with the designer in the studio!

It could be that the producers have told the design firms not to put too much effort in to the designs to cut costs, or so that Lord Sugar has something to pick at (we don't really know how heavily edited the programs really are).

Or the designers may have been told to just go with exactly everything the teams decide so that they can be blamed for the poor design and packaging. And let's be honest, I doubt most of them would know good design if they were sat in a meeting room that looked like something you'd find at the Bauhaus. Oh wait...

I hereby resurrect this thread, due to their being a 'branding' task on the Apprentice next week. God, I hope they're shit!

Missed it!

Having missed that episode, I cannot comment directly but having seen the earlier American editions it couldn't be worse designs and graphics. Most where done by the apprentice's themselves, which made it even worse in my opinion too money grabbing to even hire a designer for a day. I suppose its the same in this instance. Alan Sugar's an arse anyway I can remember the crap Hi-Fi's he was flogging, AMSTRAD they where crap.

Back