Taxi Advertising Visual help...

Hi Guys,

okay, i have a small challenge on my hands and not sure how best to get the job done..

Basically, i am designing Taxi Adverts in Illustrator, and have been asked it would be possible to put the design onto a real picture of a black cab, for when the sales team go in and try to sell the advertising.

Click here for an example of the finished product (done by someone else!)

Basically i need to create that from a picture of a plain black cab and my design in illustrator.

What's the best way to do this? any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Peter

Peter, what are the graphics that are to go on to the image/taxi??
is it solid colours or just text as per your example?

I think if it was me, I would start of by looking through the image libraries for a suitable image to work on, one such search on Dreamstime.com turned up these options HERE.
The first few images show a black cab illustration from different angles - I would start by using these as a template, and take it from there.

Mark

Take the illustrator file, export/save as EPS the one showing the same side.
Open the photographic image in photoshop, and place the eps over it in a new layer... there's your starting point.

If they really want to impress the client... get a better photograph of a taxi to use.

okay.. have been playing around with it for a few hours but really have no clue how to do it!!

anyone fancy posting a step by step guide?

Thanks!!

how do you mean a better photograph?

Sorry, didnt mean that to sound to sarcastic, having a bad day with some CSS.
Try getting an image with not soo much reflection on the cab.. or use a polarizing filter to help cut the reflection down - it will make your photoshop work so much easier.

EXAMPLE HERE

PS, I am guessing that's Castle street that the pic was taken in?
Its not often to get Edinburgh so quiet, must have been a Sunday morning??

Last edited:
Sorry, didnt mean that to sound to sarcastic, having a bad day with some CSS.
Try getting an image with not soo much reflection on the cab.. or use a polarizing filter to help cut the reflection down - it will make your photoshop work so much easier.

EXAMPLE HERE

PS, I am guessing that's Castle street that the pic was taken in?
Its not often to get Edinburgh so quiet, must have been a Sunday morning??

Yep, early morning before the town got too busy :D

mhm, still having major problem trying to get this to work :-\

help? :p

I can think of two possible ways to do this.

1 import the taxi photograph into illustrator and fit the graphics to the image.

2 would be to export the various parts of the graphics and fit them over the photo of the cab in photoshop. As the angles are all wrong for this option I would say your better off trying option 1.

I wouldn't bother with the black, just leave that as the cabs black in the photograph. That would leave just the white areas and text to fit. I'd also omit all the frames and outlines of the cab as they probably wont't fit without a bit of work either.

Hope that helps?

Back