Stock Photography Suppliers

eddypeck

I was wondering which image libraries people tend to use. I've used istock for the past couple of years, as I just inherited the account my predecessor used in the company I now work for. Previous to this I haven’t had much experience of photo libraries as my background is design for publishing, images are generally supplied by the customer.

But as I’ve just requested from our accounts department the funds to purchase more credits I’ve been moaned at as istock seem to have increased their costs per credit quite considerably. I’ve had a quick look and other libraries tend to charge a monthly or annual fee regardless of quantity, or a set fee per download.

Just after thoughts and opinions, but obviously if someone has a little gem of inspiration then obviously could benefit all of us, cheers.

It's just occurred to me that the current exchange rate is will explain the apparent increase in costs.

eddypeck said:
II’ve been moaned at as istock seem to have increased their costs per credit quite considerably. I’ve had a quick look and other libraries tend to charge a monthly or annual fee regardless of quantity, or a set fee per download.

I-stock prices have risen dramatically. try some of these.

Stock Photos - Professional Royalty-Free Stock Photos by Subscription at Photos.com
Royalty Free Photos, Download Stock Photos and Images stock photo download royalty free
Royalty-free stock photos at Image Vortex - High quality royalty free stock photography
Copyright Free Photos.com (all photos copyright and royalty free)
FreeImages.com - Main Index - Free Stock Photos

iStock prices may have risen, but they are still very cheap. Compare them to Getty prices.

Berry, I bet you can think back to jobs where you've paid hundreds, if not thousands, for rights to use a single stock image... :)

DereckJohnson said:
iStock prices may have risen, but they are still very cheap. Compare them to Getty prices.

Berry, I bet you can think back to jobs where you've paid hundreds, if not thousands, for rights to use a single stock image... :)

Most expensive stock shot quote was £7500 for usage etc. Ended up going to Spain for a week with photographers and models as it was half the cost.

Most expensive single photo I've ever commisioned was just under £20k.

Aye, those were the days!!!!!

I've been using istock for a while now - an their prices have risen a bit mind.

The 'credit' system they use seems to change on an almost weekly basis - and their ability to delete stock images the day before you want to buy them pisses me right off!

Most expensive stock shot quote was £7500 for usage etc. Ended up going to Spain for a week with photographers and models as it was half the cost.

Most expensive single photo I've ever commisioned was just under £20k.

Aye, those were the days!!!!!

Wow, that's good going, but try this...

I sold a stock photo for ... £0.11 - to my dad. Rich am i, or what.

Back