Started a Facebook page for my illustration work…

If anyone is interested, I've now started a FB page for my illustration work.

You can find it here.

Anyone have any advice for making the most of FB to promote work?

Cheers, Rob

With the new Facebook set up without paying it is very hard to do most self promotion tactics.

Love your work by the way great conceptual mind.

You way already do this but try posting a peak facebook times as then more people see it on there activity screen.

To get your posts seen on Facebook you basically need to pay, though you can ask followers to like your posts to help ensure they see future posts. Expect ~10% of your followers to see your content on average. I have a page with just shy of 3500 likes, and only about 350 people see the content I post, unless it gets shared which boosts it a little.

Facebook is no longer a social network, it's a B2C marketing platform (and a very good one if you're targeting a specific demographic). I wouldn't expect too much interaction aside from likes and the occasional share or maybe even a comment. We live in an age of endless scrolling and people tend to just browse content now. Likes are easy since you can do it with one tap of your phone screen, but commenting and sharing takes a little extra effort and people are just too lazy.

Back