Solo Press

ARRIVALS

I'm working on quite an upmarket brochure at the moment, and my client keeps on mentioning Solo Press for the printing. I've never used them, or heard of them actually. Are they any good? If anyone's used them before what's the quality/price like?

Their website looks pretty nice which I always look for with a printer, weirdly. - Printing Services, Free 24hr Next Day Delivery Printing Company

If anyone has any info they'd like to share, that'd be great.

Cheers

Mixed reviews (do a search on here)...although you would not expect 100% positive reviews for any printer really. Happy to quote if you send me the spec, we do upmarket too :icon_biggrin:

I would search also local printers for upmarket - or use Boss! Not sure if Solo (who do have very mixed reviews) does 'individual' print (and not just share-a-sheet) and in that case their prices won't necessarily be as on the web....

I've looked at Solopress for UV before but never got round to placing any orders. Their sample packs look good though!

Have you got a sample pack from Evolution Print? I have friends who swear by them for 'special' jobs and looking at the sample pack, they'd be right! Only downside is they generally don't even turn the kettle on (let alone a printing press) for less than £800!

Is their a reason the client is wanting you to use Solo Press have they used them previously or have they just typed in printing into Google and because they are at the top they think automatically they are the best ?

I'd be happy to quote the job also.

Iain

I haven't looked at SoloPress for a long time but if I remember rightly they were quite expensive for why they were offering. And I waited days for a reply to what should have been a simple question. Obviously didn't need the work at the time....

I've just received a sample pack from Solopress. It's all surprisingly good. Wasn't expecting much but the quality (of this sample pack) is much better than I was expecting.

I've just received a sample pack from Solopress. It's all surprisingly good. Wasn't expecting much but the quality (of this sample pack) is much better than I was expecting.

Yeah they are OKAY, but their customer relations leave a little to be desired, although granted that could differ from place to place.

Yeah they are OKAY, but their customer relations leave a little to be desired, although granted that could differ from place to place.

Solopress are currently rated 9.1 out of 10 (Excellent) on independent consumer reviews site Trustpilot. At the time of writing, there are 396 customer reviews about us on there. Unlike many other review sites of this type, Trustpilot only features reviews that are 100% genuine.

It's pretty much done. I did request a sample pack from you, with the inclusion of a sample A4 brochure. I got the pack, though the chap I was talking to on the live help didn't seem interested in including a brochure - my client wants to see a sample A4 brochure unfortunately.

Yes, we'd be happy to send a sample A4 brochure to you. Please phone us and ask to speak with our Sales Account Manager Gary Toomey and he'll get that sorted for you. Or, if you prefer, PM your details over and Gary will contact you.

Solopress are currently rated 9.1 out of 10 (Excellent) on independent consumer reviews site Trustpilot. At the time of writing, there are 396 customer reviews about us on there. Unlike many other review sites of this type, Trustpilot only features reviews that are 100% genuine.

As I said, that could be different from place to place. My experience was that 'Jack' wasn't too concerned whether his company got my business or not, so, he didn't get it.

As I said, that could be different from place to place. My experience was that 'Jack' wasn't too concerned whether his company got my business or not, so, he didn't get it.

Solopress are very sorry to hear that Ian. If you ever feel you'd be willing to give us a second chance, our sales account manager Gary Toomey will be very happy to assist you with any printing enquiry. He can be contacted on 01702 460047.

Solopress are very sorry to hear that Ian. If you ever feel you'd be willing to give us a second chance, our sales account manager Gary Toomey will be very happy to assist you with any printing enquiry. He can be contacted on 01702 460047.

Thats good to hear. As I said, it could be that he had a bad day when I first approached him. If I get a good service I'll say so. And maybe I will give Gary a call the next time I need some work printed. :)

As it has been stated Solopress are one of the better companies out their and that's coming form another print company never heard much negativity from them,

Also arrivals i would also be willing to send you over some of over a4 booklet samples if you would like :) just drop me a message

Iain

Back