Software for basic photo editing

hankscorpio

Staff member
Looking to acquire some photo software for my team.

It just has to be able to crop and resize images to be put on the web.

If it can store actions like photoshop all the better.

Preferably not costly (free if possible)!

Do you have any recommendations on basic photo editing software that you found useful and user friendly?

Thanks I'll look into those.

There are some free online editors, but they seem to have limitations one way or another.

I know of GIMP and it's limitations with the colour models - although it's probably fine just for web.

But if I know my team, they'll start editing colour corrected photos in GIMP and send them to printers for various projects...

I know them too well lol :)

Thanks I'll look into those.

There are some free online editors, but they seem to have limitations one way or another.

I know of GIMP and it's limitations with the colour models - although it's probably fine just for web.

But if I know my team, they'll start editing colour corrected photos in GIMP and send them to printers for various projects...

I know them too well lol :)

Yeah I was going to suggest GIMP, I've never used it myself but know some people that do.

If you don't mind me being a bit nosey, what do you and your team do?

I mainly graphic design like a ninja ninja.gif

But the other team members look after general website updating through a CMS (that doesn't have a particularly good image editor)

We also send over 5 million emails per year through a email campaign site - that need images resized before uploading.

To add:

I create everything from business cards, to brochures, booklets, books (up to 3,200 pages), posters, penguin stands, banners, signage - anything that can be printed on I design it.

Ah nice, all the things I do amongst others. Where are you located? Could I take a peak at your website?

Back