Simple drawing tablet for toddlers

oxwg

Hi All,

Came across this forum whilst looking for a simple drawing tablet for my toddler. In essence, I'm looking for a paper+filing replacement. All I need is a very simple interface that allows a toddler to draw (with a digital pen) and then save the drawing automatically (i.e. I don't expect a child to hit save). I would prefer cloud storage, perhaps accessible via WiFi, but where not available local storage is OK too. To my surprise, such simple product doesn't seem to exist. Any advice? Budget not an issue at this stage

Thanks!

Honestly... imo a toddler shouldn't be stuck in front of a screen, they'll be far too close to it etc (as someone who sits in front of a screen for work 'all day' I can tell you it's not good on your eyes and you need a LOT of breaks), not to mention the likelihood of them breaking it etc.... it might be why you don't see a product anywhere. It's also not a 'simple product' when you consider what you actually want it to do.

IMO, just stick with paper or get some chalk and chalk board or a white board and washable pen, yes it doesn't save but no offence to toddlers anywhere, they're not going to do the next mona lisa are they.

There are some digital paper products out there though but they're anything but cheap

Honestly... imo a toddler shouldn't be stuck in front of a screen, they'll be far too close to it etc (as someone who sits in front of a screen for work 'all day' I can tell you it's not good on your eyes and you need a LOT of breaks), not to mention the likelihood of them breaking it etc.... it might be why you don't see a product anywhere. It's also not a 'simple product' when you consider what you actually want it to do.

IMO, just stick with paper or get some chalk and chalk board or a white board and washable pen, yes it doesn't save but no offence to toddlers anywhere, they're not going to do the next mona lisa are they.
Thanks, point taken. But that's absolutely not the plan, rather to merely attempt to have a digital record of that drawing (i.e. not scanned)

There are some digital paper products out there though but they're anything but cheap
Such as?

Just had a quick look on Amazon and there are some basic tablets for under £20, but not sure what the quality will be like or if
you can save or not. I would be wary of the quality, specially for a toddler to be knocking about, apart from the reasons Levi mentioned.

Just had a quick look on Amazon and there are some basic tablets for under £20, but not sure what the quality will be like or if
you can save or not. I would be wary of the quality, specially for a toddler to be knocking about, apart from the reasons Levi mentioned.
I reviewed lots of the ones on Amazon but could not find a single one which fulfils my requirements

Yes, most of them don't look any better than an updated Etchasketch. It looks like you would have to spend £30-40 for a basic
graphics tablet and you would then have to connect it to a laptop of course.

I’d go with a sketch book and crayons. How else are they going to ruin your new wallpaper with a tablet and pen!!

Back