Shutter Stock Opinions?

Hello!

Not posted in here for a while, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I just wanted your opinions/advice on Shutter Stock. Has anyone subscribed to it? Is it worth it?

I have a couple other questions;

Once I've bought an image, is it then removed from the site? Am I the only person that will be able to use that image? If multiple people are able to buy the same image and use them commercially, could there be a copyright issue?

Any images downloaded from Shutterstock, whether on a free trial or purchased, do I then have the right to use it how I please; personal use/commissioned work/client work?

I do use sites like Pixabay and Pexels for stock images, which are fine, but I always see images that would be even better from Shutterstock.

TIA.

(Wasn't sure if this was the right segment to post this in, so feel free to move it!)

As with any site, it's only useful if you actual end up using it...

As to copyright/t&c's... it all depends on the site and what you sign up for so read them properly.

I have a few times but I'm not sure that you can buy them outright.

The standard licence can be quite limiting depending on how you can use the image.
You can opt for the extended license but I think it starts to get expensive there and you still don't have any exclusivity.

Not sure what you mean by 'is it worth it' - of course it's worth it if you want some images. And if you've used stock images before, how come you don't know how it works?

As with any stock image site, once you have bought an image, it becomes royalty-free, so you don't need to worry about copyright. You have certain rights
to use that image but each site is slightly different so you would have to read the t&c's. They usually have a full list of how the image can be used.

You can't have exclusivity on an image - the whole point of selling stock is that one can potentially sell an image multiple times. I suppose you could try and contact the artist
but even then the image may have been used hundreds of times before you.

Not sure what you mean by 'is it worth it' - of course it's worth it if you want some images. And if you've used stock images before, how come you don't know how it works?

As with any stock image site, once you have bought an image, it becomes royalty-free, so you don't need to worry about copyright. You have certain rights
to use that image but each site is slightly different so you would have to read the t&c's. They usually have a full list of how the image can be used.

You can't have exclusivity on an image - the whole point of selling stock is that one can potentially sell an image multiple times. I suppose you could try and contact the artist
but even then the image may have been used hundreds of times before you.
The stock images I've used before have explicitly said they're free for commercial use.

Each site is different, so check each one's t&c's. You've been using free sites so their choice will be limited and the photographers etc are most likely amateurs
and they don't worry about copyrights etc.

Once you move to the big guys, you're paying for professional images so therefore potentially more restrictions on use etc.

Hello!

Not posted in here for a while, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I just wanted your opinions/advice on Shutter Stock. Has anyone subscribed to it? Is it worth it?

I have a couple other questions;

Once I've bought an image, is it then removed from the site? Am I the only person that will be able to use that image? If multiple people are able to buy the same image and use them commercially, could there be a copyright issue?

Any images downloaded from Shutterstock, whether on a free trial or purchased, do I then have the right to use it how I please; personal use/commissioned work/client work?

I do use sites like Pixabay and Pexels for stock images, which are fine, but I always see images that would be even better from Shutterstock.

TIA.

(Wasn't sure if this was the right segment to post this in, so feel free to move it!)

Yes you can using image buy with free trial for your work! However, you will have to commit to 1 year of 10 images per month after the trial period of shutterstock expires. Or simply you should use a 3rd party service like getallstock.com and you will not need any commitment with the same quality, copyright and cheaper price.

Back