Short Run Business Cards

Neily

Hi Guys,

I've had a request from a client for a business card design and print. They have specified that they only want around 200 cards.

Before I tell them it'll cost the same to get a 1000 off, can anyone give me a price for 200 bcards full colour, double sided?

Also was it Boss Hogg doing the 5000 cards for 60quid or something?

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil

I can do 250 Double Sided 400gsm on Silk artboard for £25 if that's any help? :icon_smile:
(That's including delivery too)

And yes, Damon (Boss Hog) does 5000 for around £83 if I remember rightly.

Cheers

Curtis

The Online Print Company can do short run business cards but as you rightly stay it is worth doing more.

For your reference

200 D/sided business cards
Digitally Printed
350 GSM
Full Colour
Delivered Next Day

£56.00 less 10% Discount.

Whilst

1000 D/sided business cards
Litho Printed
400gsm
Full Colour
Delivered

Start at £66.00 less 10% on Silk
or £69.00 less 10% on Matt Laminated.

Hope this helps, see website for more details on our range of products and all our prices.

Hi Guys,
I've had a request from a client for a business card design and print. They have specified that they only want around 200 cards.

Hi

You don't mention whether they specified quality or quick crap.

Presumably you know nothing about print - there's a multitude of levels in quality to consider before you start talking about price.

Hi

You don't mention whether they specified quality or quick crap.

Presumably you know nothing about print - there's a multitude of levels in quality to consider before you start talking about price.

Hi David

You do make a fair point and one which many clients disregard. If you want rubbish quick business cards, sorry I can't help but know of many companies that can.

It's bad enough for customers to phone and say "how much are yer business cards" - but for someone who
is trying to be a "designer" and print "reseller" ...

This isn't the only one of course. There are so many posts like this on these forums. Often with the blind leading the blind. I don't understand why so many people think they can do this without proper training, knowledge or experience...

The internet is awash with amateurs. Still, apart from lowering industry standards I don't suppose it's that important - not like the "amateur brain surgeon" scenario that someone amusingly mentioned.

Completely agree with you on all points.

What gets me is "Business Cards from £20.00 for 250", what are these made of? how shoddy is the print? whats the finish? is that plus or excluding VAT? whats the delivery? and who's printing them obviously a "reseller".

I have lost two customers today to a "Unamed Online Printer" that supply absolutely rubbish business cards for FREE plus postage, you will know the company, and you'll know the quality of the product I'm taliking about but ultimately if the customer wants to betray their own company and portray a poor image of the business who am I to stop them.

Rant Over.

What gets me is "Business Cards from £20.00 for 250", what are these made of? how shoddy is the print? whats the finish? is that plus or excluding VAT? whats the delivery? and who's printing them obviously a "reseller".

I have lost two customers today to a "Unamed Online Printer" that supply absolutely rubbish business cards for FREE plus postage, you will know the company, and you'll know the quality of the product I'm taliking about but ultimately if the customer wants to betray their own company and portray a poor image of the business who am I to stop them.

Rant Over.

Have you thought about becoming an agent for Vistaprint?

Rant Over.

TheOnlinePrintCompany, I would like to say quoting my price is great, but atleast name me.....

and for your information, £20 for 250 is my standard price, which is full colour both sides, printed on 400gsm bright white stock, and next day courier signed delivery. Turnaround 24 hours.

And printed, cut, packed by myself.....

Neil

PS, if you check out some of my thanks you around the forums, there is nothing shoddy about my work!
:icon_inlove:

Hi Neil

My post wasn't aimed your your good self I have heard lots of positive feedback on your service and would never put down a fellow printer except one which I still won't name. I apologise if you feel this is aimed at yourself and can see how this may have been perceived but this was not intentional I could have put any price or any quantities it just happens that this is one of your offers which I now realise.

Please do not take personal offence to this I was just making a broad statement about my feelings toward this type of marketing not stating quality / finish etc.

Best wishes

Ryan

Last edited:
TheOnlinePrintCompany, I would like to say quoting my price is great, but atleast name me.....

and for your information, £20 for 250 is my standard price, which is full colour both sides, printed on 400gsm bright white stock, and next day courier signed delivery. Turnaround 24 hours.

And printed, cut, packed by myself.....

Neil

PS, if you check out some of my thanks you around the forums, there is nothing shoddy about my work!
:icon_inlove:

Hi

I see from your website you have "20 years experience in print".

I can't help wondering why you put such a low value on your time and expertise - surely 20 years worth of knowledge and a top quality product on 400gsm is worth more than 20 quid inc delivery?

The problem is these prices spoil it for firms who are charging a realistic price - and eventually we are ALL
worse off.

What does anybody think. ?

Hi

I see from your website you have "20 years experience in print".

I can't help wondering why you put such a low value on your time and expertise - surely 20 years worth of knowledge and a top quality product on 400gsm is worth more than 20 quid inc delivery?

The problem is these prices spoil it for firms who are charging a realistic price - and eventually we are ALL
worse off.

What does anybody think. ?

There is an element of devaluing our industry Davidw but business is business, if Neil can charge or give away business cards for £20.00 and it generates him business and profit on other products then you can't really blame him.

I personally and like most businesses openly admit I make profit on our business cards and print but our clients are happy to pay more for the quality of product we offer so I think Neil might actually be cutting his nose off to spite his face, unless he makes profit on what I would imagine is a loss leader.

Hi Davidw and onlinePrint,

Many thanks for worrying about my profit, but I have to tell you guys, I would quite happily print business cards at £20 all day long. Not sure of your costs etc, but let me re-assure you these are not lost leaders.

With 20 years experience, I have setup processes and equipment that make this pricing ver good and I can tell you both, clients who have my business cards and my bank manager are very happy..

And too finish up, if either of you wish to send me a pdf of a job, happy to print some samples and send them. Maybe I could print yours, and then you do not orry about them and still make profit at your higher prices. Again as I do for so many Print Management Companies.

Neil

Back